I´ll be quick, since I think someone´s waiting for the hotel computer.
The windmills are something you see everywhere you look on Mallorca. I´ll have to read more about them. They have some new ones that are working, but many, many more that look like this.
The beautiful buildings are part of Pueblo Espanol, and place in Palma where they´ve rebuilt small versions of many famous buildings in Spain. I found the place with some difficulty on my own on Friday afternoon.
The park is Park Guell, a park that Gaudi designed, where Jana and her mom took us on Saturday around lunchtime. It was beautiful, but a very hot day, and the kids didn´t last long walking around. There was a gorgeous view of the city there.
Then Ulrike took us to La Sagrada Familia, the famous cathedral Gaudi designed. It was huge and amazing. We waited nearly an hour to take the elevator way up into a tower. Then we walked 300 steps down on spiral staircases, looking at the views as we went. Very cool!
We rested and had dinner after that, finally eating a delicious paella. And then at about 8:30, we went to see the fountain again. Very fun. This time I took my good camera and got some good pictures with the tripod.
After that, we got home around 11. And then Spain won a soccer tournament and all hell broke loose. People were honking their horns as they drove down the street, chanting, cheering, blowing air horns. It was amazingly loud, and it went on for hours. Alaina needed earplugs to sleep. We all slept well, though, and got up at 9 Monday morning.
Our last day here!! They have another, larger Pueblo Espanol here, so I think we´ll try to get there on the tube. We´ll go to the marina tonight to watch the fireworks that will be in celebration of some holiday that I need to read more about!
Kathy