We drove to Windsor and wandered there before heading for the Royal Tattoo, a military show. They had horses, tanks, bands, and military re-enactments. It was great! The royal there is the Duke of Wessex. The only thing was, it was about 45 degrees and windy. BRRR.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Friday
We rented a very large van on Thursday evening. David took me out after dinner for a driving lesson for about an hour. Brave soul! I found it became pretty easy to concentrate on sticking to the dividing line between the lanes. But when someone wanted to pass me on a narrow road, I tended to forget I had all that van out there on my left that I needed to account for! It's huge, and a stick shift. So after that we decided we'll trade the van in on Tuesday morning before Mom and Dad and Dale and I take off for our three-day trip. A car will be much easier for me.